LINDENS PRIMARY SCHOOL
Child Not Collected from School Policy
To ensure the safeguarding of all children, it is essential that the school has a procedure in place for the safe collection of all children at the end of a school day, and guidance for parents in the event of them being late/unable to collect their child.
- To keep children safe.
- To ensure that all members of the school community are aware of the correct procedures for the end of the school day.
- To highlight the importance of maintaining clear lines of communication and up-to-date contact details.
- The school expects children to be collected promptly at the end of the school day.
- The school gates are opened shortly before collection time . Parents are asked to keep the area around the classroom doors clear to enable children to make a safe exit and are asked to make sure they are visible to their child.
- Parents/carers are asked to wait in the playground to collect their child.
- If the person expected to collect the child is not there, the child will return to the classroom and inform the class teacher.
- Any child not collected within 10 minutes will be taken to sit outside the school administration office and should be collected from there.
Please refer to Guidance for Parents within this policy for the procedure beyond this point.
Guidance for parents/carers in the event of a parent/carer not arriving to collect their child at the end of the school day
As a parent/carer, it is your responsibility to ensure that your child is collected at the end of the school day. It is essential that parents/carers provide the school with a record of their contact details i.e. names, addresses, home, work and mobile telephone numbers. Parents should also provide the school with the contact details of at least two other relatives/carers who can be called when the parent/carer cannot be contacted or in the event of an emergency. Should any of these details change, parents/carers should inform the school immediately.
If you are unexpectedly delayed and are unable to collect, or will be late collecting your child from school, please contact the school immediately by telephoning 0121 353 9273
If you arrange for another adult to collect your child, you must let the school know the details of that person.
If you are unable to arrange for another adult to collect your child, then the school will ask ‘Four Seasons After School Club’ to look after your child. There will be a charge if we have to take this action.
If contact has not been made by 5pm a telephone call will be made with social services informing them of the situation.
The following information will be required:
- Child’s name
- Date of birth
- Parent/carer/alternative carer details - names and addresses
- Language spoken
- Special dietary needs
- SEN/behavioural difficulties/medical needs
- Home/work and mobile telephone numbers
- Any current or previous child protection concerns
- Any previous incidents of not being collected from school
If there are any concerns about the welfare of the parent/carer, social services will ask the local police to visit the home address.
In the event that the child is in immediate need of protection, the police, who have emergency protection powers, will be contacted.