Lindens Primary School
If you're looking for school-led training, School Direct is the option for you. You're not thrown in at the deep end, and you'll be part of a team from day one. Your school will have a job in mind for you when you qualify and you can choose the location of the school partnership you apply to and train in.
Lindens offers trainee teachers the unique opportunity to work and learn at an exciting and innovative primary schools. The lead school, Lindens Primary, is an outstanding school and works in partnership with other schools. All our schools share a common ethos and approach to pedagogy, ensuring that pupils become confident lead learners, achieving the highest standards possible.
Our school has a proven track record of working in partnership with local universities. We are passionate about growing future leaders and believe that School Direct offers an unrivalled opportunity for trainees to learn and develop in our vibrant schools.
By working within our teaching alliance, trainees will experience a range of contrasting challenges that will make them highly marketable in the current job market.
Our excellent partnership with the University of Wolverhampton means that students will receive high-quality hands-on support from day one. This will continue as you take up appointment as a newly qualified teacher in our schools and throughout your career. As expected in high-performing schools, our staff are expert at meeting your needs and will ensure you receive outstanding continued professional development.
What our partnership will provide
The Partnership will:
- provide an outstanding 'hands-on' school-based experience in a variety of educational settings
- offer a bespoke training package for each trainee
- include trainee teachers in all aspects of the life of the school
- offer employment at the end of the training where suitable vacancies arise, or assist with gainful employment within its alliance of schools
Programmes generally last for one year and financial support is available throughout your training. Successful completion of the programme will lead to the award of qualified teacher status (QTS). The School Direct tuition route will award a postgraduate certificate in education (PGCE) and master level credits on completion in partnership with The University of Wolverhampton.
There are two School Direct training options:
- The School Direct Tuition Programme is for high-quality graduates who want to feel part of a school team within a Teaching School Alliance. You will pay University fees and may be eligible for a bursary
- The School Direct Salaried Programme is an employment-based route for high-quality experienced graduates with at least three years' work experience. You will earn a salary while you train within Lindens Primary School.
To learn more about the school-led routes into teaching, visit the UCAS Teacher Training website, or contact Mr C.Randall.